It's time to give our best gift in an act of worship to God. The 2013 First Fruits Season begins Thursday, January 17, 2013. Expect miracles as the Lord responds to your completed offering. We want to hear about every blessing the Lord is bringing to you as a result of First Fruits. Share your testimony with us today on our facebook page.Click here to give toward your First FruitsClick here to purchase "The Principle of First Fruits" by Bishop Flynn Johnson on Amazon.comClick here to share your First Fruits testimony on our Facebook pageScroll down to view our FAQs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FIRST FRUITS
1. What is First Fruits?First Fruits is a significant gift or offering that is a statement to God honoring Him as first in our lives. Giving First Fruits is a projection of anticipated blessings for this year and supports the church one attends.
2. What is the different between a tithe, general offering and First Fruits offering?A tithe is 10% of what you already earn (gross), a general offering is any gift above your tithe and a First Fruits offering is a special gift projection of anticipated blessings for this year.
3. Why should I give a First Fruits offering?Are you expecting great things to happen in 2013? First Fruits is given in thanks for those future expectations. Think about it as an investment for your future.
4. How much should I give?Well that’s between you and God, but if you are totally unsure we’re happy to give you suggestions.
5. Is God's response to my First Fruits based on the dollar amount I give?Yes. God places as much importance on what you give as you do. See Luke 6:38.
6. How long do I have to complete my First Fruits?First fruit is NOT a long-term pledge. It's a designated season at the beginning of the year.
7. What can I assign my First Fruits to do?To accomplish your 2013 goals.
8. Should I give my First Fruits in addition to my tithe and general offering?Yes. Keep giving your tithe (10% of your gross income), however during First Fruits season give your general offering goes towards completing your First Fruits.
9. Is it appropriate for children to give a First Fruits offering?Yes. Many children give First Fruits and receive benefits either through their parents or directly.
10. Why a certain season only?The principle of First Fruits is to honor God for the increase you receive. At Metro we give First Fruits in the beginning of the year to ensure the rest of the year.
11. How do I explain First Fruits to a nonbeliever?Use your testimony to talk about how the spiritual principles of First Fruits applies directly to your life. You’re the best explanation of First Fruits, but quickly refer back to Question #1 if you need help.
12. Is First Fruits for nonmembers?Yes. First Fruits is for nonmembers/visitors too. Many companies, organizations and people practice the principles of tithing and First Fruits, and benefit from it greatly. So can you.